· 3 eggs, separated whites and yolks
· ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
· 6 tbsp coconut oil refined, melted and cooled
· 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
· 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
· 1 ¼ cup blanched almond flour
· ¼ cup tapioca flour
· ½ tsp baking soda
· 1 tsp baking powder
· ½ sea salt
1. In another mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt.
2. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, almond milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Next, pour this mixture into the dry ingredients and mix by hand until well combined.
3. Beat egg whites on high speed with an electric hand mixer until stiff peaks form, then fold egg whites into batter to combine.
4. Heat your waffle iron and brush it with coconut oil
5. Pour batter into the center of the iron, gently spreading just a bit before closing. Cook waffles according to your waffle iron’s instructions.
6. Serve with toppings such as berries, nut butter, coconut whipped cream, and additional maple syrup. Enjoy!