Eat your tofu scramble on the run by wrapping it up in a flour tortilla to make a vegetarian breakfast burrito, or just relax and enjoy it! Vegetarians and meat lovers alike will love this flavorful breakfast option.
What You'll Need
1. 2-3 tsp oil for cooking onion and tofu
2. 1/2 onion, diced
3. Peppers and/or mixed veggies
4. 2/3 cup chunky salsa
5. 1 block firm or extra firm tofu, drained and chopped into one-inch cubes
6. 1/3 tsp turmeric (optional, but adds a nice yellow color)
7. Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make It
1. Like most vegan tofu recipes, this one will taste best if you press the tofu first. Pressing the tofu allows it to absorb more of the delicious flavorings and seasonings which you add to it.
2. Once your tofu is ready to go, in a large skillet or frying pan, sauté the onion, peppers and other veggies of your choice in a few teaspoons of oil for 2-3 minutes until just barely soft. Add tofu and allow to cook, stirring frequently and adding more oil as needed.
3. Add the turmeric and stir until the mixture is well coated. Add salsa and cook for another minute or two, stirring frequently until salsa is hot and well combined with the tofu. Season generously with salt and pepper.
Want help finding the right diet for you?
If you’d like to stop stressing over the details and find a way to get control of your food choices while creating a healthier lifestyle, check us out at Power 3 Fitness Coaching.