For the Salad:
- 1 bag prepared broccoli florets or 1 bunch broccoli
- 3 scallions
- 2/3 cup dried Zante currants (dried cranberries work well too!)
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup 2% plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 T sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T vinegar
1. Clean the broccoli. Roughly chop the florets (if you are lazy and stem-averse like me) or roughly chop the florets and sliced the stems (if you are hearty and crave more roughage).
2. Chop the scallions, and toss with the chopped broccoli,the almonds and the currants.
3. Combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Taste it - is it salty enough? Sour enough? Sweet enough? Dip a piece of broccoli in it and see if you like it. Season to taste.
4. Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and toss to coat. The will keep in the refrigerator, covered up to 1 week.